Due to the impending passage of Hurricane Maria and to ensure everyone's safety,we request all visitors postpone scheduled visits to our islands. Please continue to check with your travel agent, airline and accommodation providers regarding cancellation and rebooking policies. Thank you for your understanding. For further information go to www.usviupdate.com.
Book a Trip
The United States Virgin Islands is an unincorporated U.S. Territory with a non-voting Delegate to the United States House of Representatives. All persons born on the islands are citizens of the United States and are governed by U.S. law.
- Population of territory: 108,612 (2000 census)
- Official Language: English
- Currency: U.S. Dollar
- Approximately hotel rooms UPDATED: 4, 757
- Largest duty-free port in the Caribbean, with $1,600 duty-free allowance
- Comprises approximately 50 islands and cays in the Lesser Antilles of the Caribbean (between the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea)
- Point Udall on St. Croix is the easternmost point in the U.S.
- St. Croix: 84 square miles
- St. John: 19 square miles
- St. Thomas: 32 square miles
- Capital: Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- Constitution of the Territory: The 1954 Revised Organic Act of the Virgin Islands
- Gubernatorial elections held every four years; general elections held every two years for the 15 seats in the territory's Senate and the Delegate to the U.S. Congress.
- Officials: The Honorable Kenneth E. Mapp, Governor; The Honorable Osbert E. Potter, Lieutenant Governor; The Honorable Stacey E. Plaskett, Delegate to U.S. Congress.
The U.S. Virgin Islands Office of Film Production was created to facilitate your filming needs. We provide guidelines on equipment, customs (including shipping regulations and immigration travel identification), film permits, marine production, insurance coverage, and available crew. If you would like to receive a Film Permit Application Form and learn more about filming opportunities in the U.S. Virgin Islands, please contact us!
- P.O. Box 6400
- St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, 00804
Office of Film Promotion